We know best practices. Throughout our decade+ years assisting with the creation and engaging with mentoring communities, we learned (first hand) what works and what doesn't. Here are best practices we know to be true:
- Build Community: Introduce partnerships to each other and create opportunities to share.
- Appoint a specific coordinator to manage traffic and communications.
- Prepare Protégé’s with opportunities for self-discovery, objective building.
- Use Mentoring in-a-box tool to help facilitate rapport, create measurements and learn “rules of the road”.
- Prepare Mentors with facilitation skills.
- Understand mentoring guidelines and set ground rules.
- Set measurable objectives up-front.
- Prepare for every meeting with a brief written agenda.
- Set length of partnerships (6 months).
- Celebrate successes.
Listen to Dondi Scumaci share: https://hub.training-evolution.com/mentoring-best-practices
There is a more little secret sauce that Training Evolution, Inc brings when it comes to matching partnerships. Let me know if you wish to learn more. Thanks, Liz Hennick